Are you interested in learning more about digital media marketing? We are looking for someone to join our St. John’s team to help us reach more people in more engaging ways. This is a part-time position that will run from December 2023-June 2024.
A little bit about us
Young Adult Cancer Canada (YACC) is a national charity based in St. John’s, NL that provides programs for young adults living with, through, and beyond cancer.
We’ll want to learn more about your digital media experience, online interests, and the skills you are hoping to grow. We’ll share more about our culture built on trust and empowerment, our team and how we take care of them, and our pursuit of operational excellence.
What your role looks like:
As the Communications Coordinator, you’ll work closely with the Senior Manager of Communications to execute plans and achieve goals aimed at helping more people learn about our supportive programming, feel connected to a group that understands their unique challenges, and feel inspired to get involved and help out.
This includes things like:
- Creating and posting digital media content that fulfills editorial plans across social media, newsletters, and our website
- Writing blog posts
- Managing our newsletter subscribers
- Creating digital newsletters
- Updating members-only sections of our website
- Monitoring digital profiles
- Self-starter who’s always looking for ways to make things better
- Problem solver
- Comfortable with technology and with offering online support
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in oncology and specifically with the young adult population
- Knowledge of various digital platforms
- Google Ads and/or Google Analytics experience
- Video editing experience
- Comfort communicating in French
What’s in it for you:
- Fair and equitable charity sector salary
- Flexible work environment
- Hands on experience in the digital marketing world
- Experience and knowledge growth in a small business and charity environment
- An opportunity to grow and change the lives of young adults with cancer, while having the most fun at work possible.
Salary: $18/hour for 15 hours a week
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Lesley at [email protected] with the subject line “Communications coordinator application” by Tuesday, November 14, 2023.
Young Adult Cancer Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages everyone to apply.