Fees and funding
There is a $199 registration fee for Survivor Conference 2020, but our policy is we don’t want money to be the reason you can’t attend an event. If you have questions or concerns, please let us know in the reserved section of the registration form. We have different options to help you pay for the registration fee, and will be happy to assist you in any way.
The $199 fee includes:
- Food and accommodations from Thursday night to Monday morning (departure on Monday before breakfast)
- Choices of a wide variety of workshops on topics that are relevant to you. The 2019 lineup included things like brain fog, body image, storytelling, dealing with anxiety, Yoga, helping other young adult cancer survivors, pain management, and much more!
- Amazing keynote speakers (to be confirmed)
- An after party on Sunday night that you won’t forget
- Many moments with survivor buddies–you can’t put a price on this!
We know many things can happen between the time you register and the time you check-in at the Conference. You will receive a full refund if you need to cancel before March 22, 2020. We will look at options of anyone who needs to cancel after March 22, 2020 for the following reasons:
- Health issues
- Death in the family
- Family emergency
We have travel assistance available to survivors/patients and their supporters who may need it. The amount of travel assistance is determined by the province you live in, the cost of your travel (flight, bus, train, etc.), your budget, and any money you are able to raise.
Once you apply for the Conference, we will connect directly with you to discuss the options best suited for you and your situation. We suggest you have a look at the options for flights (or transportation of your choice) often, and do not wait until the last minute to book your ticket as they get more expensive closer to the date. Depending on the cost, it can be worth leaving a day before to get a reduced rate on the ticket. If you decide to do so, we can help you find a room at a reasonable rate.
If you are interested in learning more about funding, contact Lesley at [email protected].